If you are fond of traveling, then these versatile, fast, and light anchor trolleys for Kayak will add more to your adventures. Whether you plan on going on a trip with friends or with family, a good and reliable anchor trolley is compulsory.
The anchor trolley system is an extension to your anchor line and helps get your boat in line with the tidal movements or weather conditions.
A good anchor should not be heavy for your boot, and it should not weigh it down. A folding or grappling anchor which is foldable is best suited. The heavyweight anchors are difficult to carry when not in use, whereas the lightweight anchors can be easily packed and transported along the way.
List 10 Best Anchor Trolley for Kayak
1. Yak Gear Deluxe Anchor Trolley Kit
- Deluxe anchor trolley system with Harken pulleys
- Allows the bow of your vessel to turn in to the current for a smoother experience
- Mini zig zag cleat included to maintain stable positioning
- Installation instructions and hardware included
- Kit also includes 30-Feet of rope
This Deluxe anchor trolley kit from Yak Gear is best known for its optimal anchor position. You can enjoy smooth kayaking experience from this kit as it remains steady in a particular fishing position. It has a plastic pulley system so you can choose any place from stern to bow. Once you select the desired position, then the rest of the work depends on the anchor trolley’s zig zag cleat.
Furthermore, the pulleys are also elevated to protect your boat from any damage, such as scratching. You will not have to worry about the installation procedure because the kit comes with complete installation hardware and instructions. For extra accessories, you will get a 30-meter rope and other useful rigging tools.
However, the nylon pulley might cause you some trouble as it can collapse and disintegrate.
2. H2O Kayak Canoe Anchor Trolley Kit
The perfectly adjusting anchor trolley by H20 ensures the correct positioning and drifting of your anchor according to the weather conditions.
The pulley system is made of stainless steel, so it is corrosion free. The zig-zag cleat cannot adjust your kayak anchor trolley in the desired angle so you can enjoy uninterruptible kayaking.
The kit includes trolley line, zig-zag cleat, round rigging ring, snap hooks, nylon pad eyes, and pulley system with plastic sleeve. Adding in it, you’ll get the mounting hardware that includes trifold rivets, lock nuts, and screws.
Thus, there is a complete range of products available in the kit. The kit is easy to be installed as it comes in with full instruction guidelines.
3. YakAttack Kayak LeverLock Deluxe Anchor Trolley
- LeverLoc line clamp locks your trolley line in place with a simple flip of a switch motion.
- Features YakAttack Stealth Pulleys for super smooth operation.
- 35' of highly reflective USA-made 550 paracord.
- Includes all necessary hardware for installation: Harken Pulleys, 2 Pad Hooks, Locking Line Clamp, Anchor Ring.
- When not in use, the easy-knot trolley ring snaps into the base of the LeverLoc, quietly secured until deployed.
This anchor trolley by YakAttack is famous for its LeverLoc line clamp by which you can keep the line of your trolley in place. Adding more to it, the trolley uses a unique PadHook design. As you would have guessed from the name, a PadHook is a combination of a hook and a pad eye to keep the trolley line in place.
It has an easy-knot-system, but if you are not using it, then the trolley ring will snap into a line clamp. Thus, it will get secured until deployment. It is specifically designed in such a way that it allows for deployment with just any anchor.
This kit includes 35 feet of paracord with a tracer, pulleys for uninterruptible operation, extra PadHooks. Furthermore, it also contains backing plates for both the LeverLoc and pulleys. It includes all the necessary hardware installation things, such as Harken Pulleys, 2 Pad Hooks, Locking Line Clamp, and Anchor Ring.
4. OceanMotion Kayak Anchor Trolley Kit
- Stabilizes Your Kayak in All Types of Water: Creates an adjustable anchor attachment point so you can keep your kayak in an ideal fishing position — no matter the current or wind direction.
- Durable, Seaworthy Materials: Made of tough, corrosion-proof stainless steel hardware and an ultra-strong paracord (USA made) with a reflective tracer that adds visibility in low-light situations.
- Doubles as a Dock Line: Unlike most other systems, your trolley line is removable from the ring, allowing you to use it as a dock rope for tying off your kayak or canoe onto a dock cleat
- Seamless Look: Pulleys are flush-mounted instead of attached loosely with a pad eye & carabiner like other brands. This offers a seamless look & keeps the line tight to your vessel
- 1-Year Quality Guarantee: Your 100% satisfaction is important to us — that's why we've included clear instructions for installing your trolley system and offer a rock-solid guarantee.
This anchor trolley maintains a steady position for your fishing regardless of the type of water conditions and weather conditions. If you remove the trolley line from the ring, you can double the dock rope. It is a handy feature when you need to tie off the anchor.
It is made of tough and corrosion-free steel, which also increases its durability. It also has a reflective tracer, which helps in situations where you have low light. The pulleys are freshly mounted instead of being attached to pad eyes, as most other brands do. Hence, this helps keep the line tight to the vessel and offers a seamless and attractive look. Furthermore, you get a complete warranty as well.
The kit has an instruction guide with it; however, the instructions are vague and unclear, which results in a fuss during installation. Especially if you are new to this field, and this is your first experience with anchor trolleys, you might not install it at all.
5. Shoreline Marine Kayak Fishing Anchor Kit
- Folding 1.5 Lbs Anchor
- 50 Foot Anchor Line
- Trolley Line Allows For Easy Anchor Adjustments
- Easy To Install
The 1.5 lbs. Anchor trolley with 50 foot of nylon rope is best for calm water and inflatable Kayak. It provides excellent versatility and compatibility. It is best used in flat-water, such as lakes or protected bays. It is easy to carry when not in use because it is foldable and light in weight. The trolley line allows for easy anchor adjustment.
The kit has a complete instruction manual, which simplifies the installation procedure. The plastic carabiners in place of pulleys give the anchor trolley a setback.
It would have been better if there were stainless steel or metal pulleys that would eradicate any corrosion chances. Furthermore, the anchor cannot keep a kayak in position if the weather conditions challenge a little.
6. Seattle Sports Kayak Anchor Kits
- Ideal for kayak anglers and small vessels
- Includes 50 feet of line
- Drawstring storage stuff back included
Another anchor trolley with 1.5 lbs. of weight and 50 foot of nylon rope and foldable is the most versatile kayak anchor kit. The kit includes an anchor trolley system with carabiners and rope (installation required) and a nylon storage bag. It is ideal for sandy bottoms and deep waters.
This anchor kit is famous for its low price and versatility for any kayaking or rafting. The 50 feet long braided rope is colored yellow so it can be visible to other boats. Furthermore, it has four folding flukes, two carabiners, and a ring.
Thus, it provides you plenty of options to connect to the Kayak. If you are interested in buying a heavy anchor that can work for a heavily loaded fishing kayak, this one by Seattle Sports is also available in 3.5 lbs. The heavier one can work in more stringent weather conditions, whereas the lighter one is ideal for a calm environment.
7. OLIVIA & AIDEN 2 Pack Folding Kayak Anchors
- ULTRA-PORTABLE BOAT ANCHOR – Ideal for small fishing Jon boats, kayaks and canoes, or paddle boards, this 3.5-lb. folding anchor can be taken on every water adventure.
- IMPROVED STRENGTH AND HOLD – Crafted with galvanized steel this jet ski anchor holds ground better with more horizontal drag due to a smart, well-balanced fluke design.
- BUOY BALL AND DRAG LINE – Each canoe anchor also includes a 40ft grapnel anchor line with an attached buoy to help you easily identify and pull up your anchor in any water.
- MULTIPURPOSE PERSONAL USE – A compact, easy-to-store size, it works well for fishing or personal watercraft and grapples well on pond, lake, river, or ocean bottoms.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - We take pride in our Olivia & Aiden Folding Dinghy Anchor. If you are not completely satisfied, please contact us for a 60-day replacement or refund.
These 3.5 lbs. of anchor trolley kit can facilitate you on your small water adventures. It is ideal for small fishing boats or kayaks. The kayak trolley is easy to carry as it is foldable and compact.
It is coated with galvanized steel so the anchor can hold the Kayak in position for longer. Furthermore, the well-balanced fluke makes the anchor have a more horizontal drag.
It has a 40 feet anchor line with an attached buoy to help you identify the anchor in water quickly and control it more effectively. It can work well in ponds, lakes, rivers, or ocean bottoms, allowing your multi-purpose usage.
It can be used for fishing or other personal watercraft. The only improvement that could have been made in this anchor trolley kit is that the material of rope could have been more robust.
8. YYST Kayak Canoe Anchor Trolley
- 4–pad eyes with 8 stainless steel screws and nuts,8 rivets.
- 1–3" Anchor Cleats with 2 stainless steel Screws and nuts.
- 2–stainless steel Anchor Pulleys.
- 1–2” Durable Nylon Ring.
- cord is not included. Instruction are included.
This kit includes 4–pad eyes with eight stainless steel screws and nuts. Adding more, it contains 1–3″ Anchor Cleats with two stainless steel Screws and nuts.
It also has 2–stainless steel Anchor Pulleys, which work smoothly and 1–2” Durable Nylon Ring. The cord is not included. However, instructions are included so that you can easily use the product. Thus, this also makes the installation process quick and easy.
However, the rivets can become an issue because some of them do not sit as much as they should. It could have been improved if stainless steel bolts of the same diameter were used.
9. Perception Kayaks Anchor Trolley Kit
- Deploy your anchor from the cockpit and position your kayak where you need it to catch fish
- Ring and pulley system allows you to anchor the bow, Stern or mid-ship of your kayak
- Includes all components and is easy to install
- Installation requires some tools that are not included
- Compatible with Perception 3 lb. Anchor and works on most sit-in and sit-on-top kayaks
The 3 lbs. of anchor trolley kit is a complete kit with all the essential products. It has a ring and pulley system, which allows you to stern the anchor from the bow.
You can quickly deploy your anchor from the cockpit and position your Kayak, where you need to catch the fish.
Although the instructions are easy and straightforward to follow, there is still a loophole because the installation requires some tools not included in the kit.
10. Gradient Fitness Marine Anchor
- Folding Anchor: Our 3.5 lb 4-fluke folding anchor is compact and convenient. Included is a padded draw string storage bag that is perfect for the outdoor person on-the-go.
- Convenience: The anchor folds into a 12” x 3” size and slips into a fully padded storage bag that will prevent scratches to your board, kayak, or Jet Ski.
- Marine Grade: The anchor is rust resistant with 25 feet of green/black marine grade rope (7mm thick). It also includes a PVC flotation buoy and stainless steel snap hook for quick and easy connections.
- Designed for the Outdoors: From SUP Yoga to fishing from a kayak we’ve got you covered. The anchor is easy to use, storage friendly, and ideal for environments of any kind. Whether it’s sandy, weedy, muddy, or rocky our anchor will hold.
- Born in the USA– Gradient Fitness is proudly owned and operated out of Rochester, NY. We stand behind our products! Not satisfied with your product? Return it to us within 90 days and get 100% of your money back!
The 3.5 lbs. of the folding anchor is compact and convenient to use. The storage bag comes in handy when the kit is not in use, as it makes it easy to carry. The anchor folds to a size of 12” x 3” which easily fits into the padded bag, so it prevents your Kayak from scratching.
The anchor is corrosion free, and it has 25 feet of rope. It also includes a PVC flotation buoy and stainless steel snap hook, which ensures easy connections.
The rope could have been of better quality because the current rope wears out too soon. After a few months of continuous usage, you will see that the rope starts to fray.
Best Anchor Trolley for Kayak Buyer’s Guide
Going to buy an anchor trolley for the first time? Don’t worry as we have covered it all for you. If you are bamboozled about selecting the perfect anchor trolley kit, note the following critical essential points before you pay for one:
Compatible with a variety
A good anchor trolley kit is the one that is compatible with a variety of fishing kayaks. If you are fond of kayaking, you should not limit your anchor trolley because you will need to use it with different anchoring and anglers. The anchor trolley that you buy should fit your vessel properly along with fitting your anchor.
This tiny little part of an anchor trolley is one of the most crucial aspects. This small zigzag attachment is vital in the installation process as well as in stabilizing your fishing position. It can be installed at either side of the boat, left or right. However, the point to focus is that it should have multiple cleats installed on the ship so that you get the complete versatility.
The pulley system
A pulley system is essential because it can allow you to switch from stern to bow without getting off the Kayak. The stainless steel and metal pulleys are better than the cheap plastic ones because it increases its strength and durability. However, some brands offer very compatible and durable nylon or plastic pulleys, serving you right. Either get a stainless steel pulley or make sure that the plastic pulley is durable.
Most brands offer a 25-30 foot rope with the kit, which will suffice for smooth kayaking. However, the length of the rope is not the only part to focus on. You should also take into account the type of material used for making the rope. The better the material, the stronger your rope would be. You can also check if the paracord comes with a tracer because that is a handy feature for night kayaking.
You cannot set off to your fishing kayak without installing your anchor trolley. Thus, your anchor trolley must be easy to install. The better the instruction guide would be, the easier it would be to follow the procedures. Adding to it, the hardware installation should have complete parts as well. Generally, you need to put the anchor line through a ringing ring and adjust it in the desired position. A simple installation process that requires minimal DIY skills is the best.
If you own a kayak, then pair it up with the best available anchoring trolley to get the most benefit out of it. The more adjustable the anchor, the better control you have over the boat. It is always essential to read some product reviews before buying a product (especially if it is the first time that you are buying it). Thus, go through the shortlisted anchor trolleys and select the one that best suits your Kayak.